We are looking forward to having our students back next week! Here are a few special education department updates regarding the reopening:
- All IEP, 504, and ETR meetings will be held via video and/or teleconference during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Masks are required for in person instruction. Please bring a doctor’s note for your child if he/she has a disability preventing him/her from wearing a mask.
- Clear masks are available for staff or students for students with communication and hearing needs or by request
- Students enrolled in the Colts Online Learning Academy with an IEP will be served via online services and telehealth following the distance learning plan developed with you and your child’s IEP team.
- All students enrolled in person with an IEP will have a contingency plan developed in order to prepare for the possibility of another school closure in the future. You will be contacted by your child’s IEP case manager for input on the plan and you can request a full IEP team meeting to discuss any concerns you may have with your child’s ability to access instruction in an online setting.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me.
Nicole K. Stalter
Director of Special Services